What You Will Do in This Role:
As a Senior SW Engineer, you will help build features on our existing web-based application as well as develop and troubleshoot a variety of performance and security concerns.
As part a member of an R&D project team, you own the design of a complete software module or sub-assembly of medium complexity, from conception to design and verification. You will work in close collaboration with the project lead on assigned tasks, and provide inputs to design and execution timeline to the new product project. You also provides guidance to other engineers on their technical issues, engages in code reviews and help resolves problems of medium complexity. Our team is Agile, embracing peer reviews, continuous integration and constant learning.
You will operate as a member of a scrum team that utilizes two-week sprints to develop software that manages purpose-built functionality including into our reporting product.
Expertise in the following areas:
- JavaEE Web development (Hibernate / Spring, Spring Boot)
- Tomcat and any JavaEE Application servers
- Technologies involved in web UIs (including HTML5, CSS3, LESS)
Skills and Experience we’d like you to have:
- Experience with GIT or similar repo management and version control tools. Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools and Agile methodology.
- Ability to quickly comprehend and debug existing code.
- Passionate about unit testing and clean coding
- Team player with good communication skills
- +5yrs experience in Java Enterprise application with Spring/SpringBoot and Hibernate